Members gain access to event recaps and photos, other AWE members, and a repository of articles, inspiration, and research for when you need it. More importantly, show your network that you are committed to elevating the standard for females in the workplace.
Follow these two quick steps:
Step 1: Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram (Don’t have an instagram? No problem. Share our Instagram with a daughter, niece, direct report - together, let’s empower and inspire the next generation of female leaders!) Keep an eye for our weekly AWE client features! www.inAWE.com
Step 2: AWE Leaders, add AWE to Your LinkedIn Experience. AWE is more than just an organization. We provide the tools and training that you need to not only progress in your own career, but to inspire other women and bring them along. Be proud! You are a major agent of change!
1. From your LinkedIn home, click the thumbnail of your picture to view and edit your profile.
2. Scroll down to the “experience” section and click the “+” on the right.
3. Fill in the following fields:
Title: AWE Leader
Company name: Advancing Women Executives
Location: Enter your AWE membership region (NY, SF, SV, CHI, or LA)
Time Period: The month and year that you became an AWE Leader (as a current leader, please click “I currently work here”)
Description: Advancing Women Executives (www.inAWE.com) is a leadership program that partners with over 200 Fortune 1000 companies across New York, Chicago, Silicon Valley, San Francisco, and Los Angeles to increase the number of women in senior management and on corporate boards to improve the global economy.
4. Make sure “share profile changes” is enabled and SAVE!
5. AWE will be listed first under your “experience” section -- while it is suited here, we don’t want it to overshadow your current role! To rearrange the order, hover your cursor near the pencil icon on the right. An icon of 4 horizontal blue lines will appear. Click that icon and drag the AWE block and under your current company (if this doesn’t work, check to make sure that you selected “I currently work here” when you added AWE to your “experience” section).