People Operations Manager
We’re looking for a talented People Operations Manager to help us build and support the team driving our growth. You have a passion for cultivating people and experience in recruiting, hiring and onboarding. You have a knack for the technology and tools that help teams get their jobs done. You are driven to improve existing HR and office management systems and processes and to experiment with new ones in order to bring out the best in our incredibly talented and growing team. Finally, you are someone who thrives in an environment where everyone wears multiple (and AWE-some) hats. The position is based in LA and reports to the Head of Operations.
Hiring, Onboarding and Offboarding:
- Actively identify and recruit top-tier talent to join AWE, and cultivate and maintain a pipeline of candidates for future opportunities;
- Manage the life cycle of an employee, including the offer process, hiring, onboarding and offboarding.
Organizational Culture, Employee Engagement and Growth:
- Create and implement initiatives to drive employee engagement and growth;
- Partner with the Head of Operations to support AWE’s core values including nurturing a positive company culture, cultivating a sense of fun and collaborating with team members to maintain an inspiring and productive work environment.
- Serve as the team’s go-to resource for people operations questions and feedback;
- Serve as a liaison with HR vendors to manage day-to-day people operations activities such as compliance, benefits and payroll;
- Maintain and keep staff records, guidelines and policies up to date and in compliance with applicable legal requirements;
- Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records;
- Assist with annual HR processes such as incentive/bonus goal-setting;
- Assist with special projects and trainings as needed.
Process & Technology:
- Partner with Head of Operations to develop, document and implement company business processes and provide ongoing operational support for all departments;
- Understand AWE’s applications and equipment in order to lead successful employee onboarding and to help troubleshoot routine technology issues;
- Maintain and manage the working environments, technology and supplies for AWE’s LA office, remote offices and employee work-from-home set-ups;
- General operational duties and research as needed.
- Aligned with AWE’s mission to create equity and economic growth in the workplace;
- 2+ years in HR, recruiting and/or employee relations, with a working knowledge of human resource principles, practices and procedures;
- Highly professional, diplomatic and experienced in handling sensitive information and confidential situations with tact, diplomacy and respect;
- Proactive, client-centric mindset and service-oriented drive that fuels problem-solving;
- Ability to effectively partner and build trust with employees and key external stakeholders;
- Strong written and verbal skills with excellent presence across all levels of the organization;
- Detail-oriented and organized with a proven ability to execute projects and tasks with competing priorities and deadlines;
- Flexible, agile and comfortable adapting to the changing needs of a high-growth environment;
- Strong work ethic and spirit of generosity and service;
- Advanced computer and internet skills, including proficiency in Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint), virtual meeting Apps (WebEx, Microsoft Teams, Zoom), Google Workspace (Gmail, Sheets, Docs, Drive, Calendar), Asana, Acuity, CRM;
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.