Principal Responsibilities At Veritas, our vision is to realize a better world through the power of information. Our solutions ensure that customer information is always within reach while simultaneously protecting, maintaining, and managing IT infrastructure and mission critical applications. Each of our solutions enables our customer to reduce cost and complexity as we are revolutionizing the way information is managed across the hybrid cloud.
This role is responsible for the technology partnerships & alliances that are leveraged by the Product and Services group to bring offerings to market. These partnerships enable our product groups to source technology, to support non-traditional routes to market, create vibrant developer ecosystems and build strong multi-faceted strategic alliances. This role will be responsible for ensuring we have a partner strategy that is aligned with our strategic objectives, and a world class team that is able to source and build partnerships on terms that meet Symantec’s financial goals and enable product groups to execute aggressive roadmaps.
- Provide leadership team with external view of ecosystem landscape.
- Working with the Group leaders and their offerings teams to define a strategy and plan for alliance partners
- Building and orchestrating the “zippering” of strategic partnerships
- Executing the designing and build-out of these ecosystem programs and infrastructure
- Formalizing the build-buy partner process for Veritas
- Management and rationalization of inbound licensing portfolio
- Business Development – Predominantly inbound but increasing the development of outbound transactions. Helping product groups access build/buy/partner decisions and driving buy/partner. Focus on maintaining the minimum number of relationship to drive the required business results.
- STEP and OEM Programs – For some of our offerings the creation of ecosystems of partners that leverage our solutions or who certify that they integrate with or can coexist with their hardware and software products are critical to success. These are managed via our STEP program which is being extended to help grow the number of partners who OEM our solutions or component technologies.
- 10 to 15 years’ experience in large scale enterprise software alliances & business development preferably in IT or information management
- An experienced leader capable of managing a senior team with diverse specialist skills.
- An excellent communicator with experience working at the CxO level.
- Ability to develop, demonstrate and effectively communicate winning strategies to all key stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree with MBA highly desired
For more information please contact executive recruiter David Markus at firstname.lastname@example.org